Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mafia at Sigiriya & Dambulla


We have talked much about going to Sigiriya but we couldn’t go there since me and Udara were busy. Natty was a bit upset about not taking her to Sigiriya and finally Udara and I agreed to take her there. The day we chose was Saturday the 15th November. Initially we were planning to stay the entire weekend and I was going to make a booking at Cinnamon Lodge but later I was informed that I have to be in Colombo by 10am on Sunday so we changed our plans to a one day trip. On Friday the 14th November, Udara and I discussed the time we should leave and we agreed on leaving Colombo by 4.30am, the next thing Udara told me was that he is going out on that night and I told him not to get late since we had to wake up early. Natty also told me that she is also going out and what the hell I also went out ;).

I managed to come back home by 1.30am and as I stepped in to my place I saw a text message from Udara saying “Call me at 4.30!” I went to take a nap but something was bothering in my head so didn’t sleep at all. Around 2.30 I got a text message, this time it was Natty, she was saying that she is going to D’s from Sugar, yeah whatever!

Called Udara and woke him up at 4.30, then directly called Natty and it was the time she got to her place, GREAT! Somehow Myself and Udara went to Natty’s place by 5am and we were on our way to Sigiriya by 5.15am. When we reached Ambeypussa we were hungry and we stopped there had the breakfast buffet for a decent price. By the time we arrived at Sigiriya it was around 8.30am.

Right at the entrance of Sigiriya there was a wired guy who turned out to be some tour guide, and we asked him about the price of tickets for foreigners, and the price for them was 2700 bucks where as for me and Udara it was just 40 bucks each. No wonder why Sigiriya is called the 8th wonder of the world…! Udara tried to play his little trick to get Natty a ticket of 40 bucks but it got failed, so there goes 2700 bucks :(. There isn’t much to see at Sigiriya apart from some paintings.

(Sigiriya paintings)


(Sigiriya paintings)


By 1.00pm we got down from Sigiriya and we headed to “Vil Uyana”, now this place is truly awesome..!

(Vil Uyana - The Entrance)


(Vil Uyana - The pool)


(Vil Uyana - A place to chill)


After having lunch at “Vil Uyana” we went to Dambulla Temple, and there is the 9th wonder of the world, they charge 1100 bucks as the ticket price for foreigners, and for locals it’s free. Where else on earth would they issue a ticket to see a damn temple?? I think this whole thing is a bloody MAFIA

No comments: