Monday, September 22, 2008

4 days of good fun

It all started on Thursday (18th September), Udara called me and asked what’s happening? I said there is nothing much and he said if you are free lets go somewhere, and I was in. So Udara and Natty came to pick me up from my place, I got in to the car and on our way I asked where we are going to? He replied saying that he wanted to take Natty to Kelaniya temple but I suggested that we go to Mount beach. Then we decided to go to Kelaniya temple first and go to Mount.

I don’t remember whether I have been to Kelaniya temple before (anyway I don’t like temples :D). Truly there isn't much to see there, we only stayed there for about 20-30 minutes and we were on our way back. Since Mount seems a bit far we thought of stopping at Hilton, went to Curry Leaf but the only option we had was the buffet. And then we went to Sea Spray at Galle Face Hotel, again the only option there was the buffet. Then we switched to 'Watch the Sun Set' at Galle Face Hotel and all of us had club sandwiches. After that Udara asked me whether is everything ready for the Kandy trip this weekend, i have totally forgotten about it but as i have promised earlier I said things are ok with that. We left the place around 11pm on that night.

On Friday again, Udara called me and asked what’s happening I gave the same answer as the previous day. And he said lets go out, and being the guy who is ready always, I said ok for that as well. Went to Natty's place stayed there till the midnight with some friends of Udara and we went to Blue Elephant at Hilton. The DJ and the crowed was not the best, but yeah we had to stay till 3 in the morning. And then we came home because we had to go to Kandy. Didn't sleep at that night and I called Udara around 7.30am, we started the journey around 9.30am. By the time we reached Kandy it was lunch time. We stopped at Dine More and had lunch and went to Udara's house at Kandy. Slept there for more than 3 hours and then we went to the 'Dalada Maligawa'(Temple of Tooth) and after that we enjoyed the evening view by the Kandy Lake.

(Kandy Lake view)

We went back to Udara's place and we were listening to some good old music. It was very much relaxing, and then again we went to Kandy town to have the Dinner. We were looking for an Indian restaurant but there wasn't a good place around so we ended up going to KFC.

(Elephant bath at Pinnawala)

On Sunday morning we were up early and we headed to Pinnawala because Natty wanted to see the Elephants :D. There was nothing much with the elephant bath but there was an Herbal Garden and the products that they showed us were impressive. We came back to Colombo safely and picked up lunch packs from ‘Hijra’ (next to ‘Pillawoos’) and had it at Natty's apartment.

No comments: